Friday, January 23, 2009

Fringe: Rumi sings the song of the modern codependent

Consider the verse presented here. It is the poetic heart-song of every codependent whose love and lover tear them apart. As I say, calling myself Poetreearborist, I claim the right to be ripped "limb from limb". If they are addicted to their chemical, we are addicted to them. Through complete destruction we are seeking God - but when do we know we have found what was right there all along?

You wreck my shop and my house and now my heart, but how can I run from what gives me life?

I'm weary of personal worrying, in love with the art of madness!

Tear open my shame and show the mystery. How much longer do I have to fret with self-restraint and fear?

Friends, this is how it is: we are fringe sewn inside the lining of a robe.

Soon we'll be loosened, the binding threads torn out.

The beloved is a lion.

We're the lame deer in his paws.

Consider what choices we have!

Acquiesce when the Friend says, Come into me. Let me show my face. You saw it once in preexistence, now you want to be quickened and quickened again.

We have been secretly fed from beyond space and time.

That's why we look for something more than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment