Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Intervention Love Letter

Dear Sweets,

I join your family here today because I love you. It breaks my heart to watch these drugs take you away from me and away from the potential for a future relationship.

I miss going to brunch with you on the weekends. I miss how you would read to me aloud from Harper’s, and how we would watch Keith Olberman and talk politics. And I miss making sweet, sweet love with you. I miss feeling like we were growing closer, because now it seems we are so far apart.

Because of your drug use I have experienced so much fear and anxiety. I have stayed up nights crying because I did not know if you were dead or alive. The time has offered me much opportunity for personal growth and I am not badly hurt by the experience. However, I realize now that I have learned as much as I can from this and it is time to move onto a better life. I hope that you will join me in this better life as my wonderful, sober boyfriend.

You are an intelligent, caring man of skill and integrity. You’re also sexy as hell. I want more of you. You without drugs - the you that you are when you’re just you.

I hope you accept help today and get the treatment you need to overcome this affliction.

I love you!

Yours always, Darling

No comments:

Post a Comment